THE TEMPLE

Sitting at the terrace, my favorite place to think, counting the days. Time goes by as people and vehicles of all sorts crossed the busy road every boring minute. Each passing day give me new hope, while, I waste them in stubbornness and lack of confidence. Once, I believe, life was clear to me but who I am now will be of no importance even to a child of four.

Cool breeze blowing in a low whine all the while however innovates me and makes me wonder of the Temple that stood proudly erected in front of me. Alone and a little shabby it appears, but, it always hold its ground upon scorching heat of sun and heavenly downpour of rain. People of all shapes and sizes, ages and beauty live around it and eventually, more came from everywhere around it countable in numbers every second or a while; and hardly a soul will walk away without looking high up and touch one’s own forehead and chest even if the door of the temple was closed.

Old and young alike, rich and poor, healthy and wealthy are of no susbject of importance upon the BLESSINGS it gave to those who seek. A home for the poor and needy, motivator for the young, inspirer for the old and giver for the wealthy. Looking at this temple help me realize life in a rather bizarre way. ‘Looks may deceive the eye but not the heart’,’ was thus proven true by a man who regularly came, took off his sandals aside and pray in front of the temple if the world around him buzz busily; even if the temple door was closed.

No comments: