THE DAY YOU LEFT

The day you left was like hell.
Wish i could forget you,
Wish you left me whole.
Memories linger on.
Don't know how to let go.
Every now and then,
I keep trying not to think of you;
But you just won't leave.
I kept fighting, only to make it worse.
I felt like crying,
Even though i know; It won't help.
I tried to stop thinking,
But, my heart won't let me;
I tried to sleep it all away,
But, my mind won't let me.
Memories brightened up,
Not b'cos i want it to;
It does itself.
Thought you'll leave me,
But, you never do.
Everywhere i turn,
You appear; between me and reality.
I tried winking you away; but, never do.
Maybe i was wrong, a fool;
Maybe i was.
Wish i had a bottle of whiskey;
But i knew, I knew;
When the kick was over,
I'm gonna see you more than before.
Maybe i just want you,
Maybe i'm just jealous;
That you are out of my sight.
I slept, trying to let you go;
But, every time i open my eyes,
I saw you smiling;
So, i close my eyes,
Only to realise that you are there,
Even in the darkness of me.
Memories of the short happy times,
Are the only best thing;
That i got of you now.

No comments: